How to Apply for UK Visa | uk visa agency: For those of us that want to travel to the UK or those that have the intention to take a trip to UK someday, this post is meant for us. Follow the simple steps below to apply for your UK visa;
- Register a user account on the GOV.UK website. You will also be able to double check what type of visa you will need for your trip on the website.
- Fill out the application form, pay the visa fee, and book an appointment at a Visa Application Centre. You will receive an email confirming your appointment and what documents you will need to take along. You will also be given a GWF number which you will need for the next step.
- Register your details on the TLScontact website. If you do not register, you will not be allowed to attend your appointment.
- Attend your appointment and submit your biometrics at a UK Visa Application Centre. To avoid any delays in the application process you should bring along the following:
- Your original passports.
- Printed copies of your online application form and appointment confirmation.
- Receipt of payment of visa fees.
- And other supporting documents.
Then, wait for your visa application to be processed. You will be able to track your visa application on the TLScontact website. Collect your passport at the specified Visa Application Centre.
UK Visa Fees on Visa Application | Apply for UK Visa
The cost of a Standard Visitor Visa is approximately ₦45,000 ($125). The UK visa fees are different for each visa category. All visa fees can be found on the GOV.UK website.
UK Visa Application Submission
The UK visa applications can be submitted at one of the Visa Application Centres in Lagos or Abuja from Monday to Friday, between 8:30 and 16:30, except on public holidays.
N/B: The earliest you can apply for a UK visa is 3 months before your intended departure date.
UK Visa Processing: The Visa application processing can take some four to six working days. However, some visa applications can take up to 30 days if documents are missing or they require special attention because of crime or a history of rejection.
It might interest you to read How to use First Bank Whatsapp Business | Chat Banking
UK Visa Collection: You will be able to collect your passport and visa between 10:00 and 16:00 from Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. You will be alerted through an SMS when your application has been sent to the UK Embassy on the submission day, and you will be alerted when your passport arrives back at the UK Application Centre and is ready for collection.
You will need to bring copies of your application documents, an original photographic ID, and a copy of the biodata page in your passport.
UK Visa Rejection: The most common reasons for UK visas being rejected include:
- Submitting false documents.
- The applicant has received a deportation order.
- The applicant was found guilty of a crime that warrants four years or more of jail time.
- Withholding documentation of a criminal background.
- Insufficient funds.
- Overstaying a previous visit to the United Kingdom.
- Submitting fraudulent documents on a previous trip to the United Kingdom.
- Not complying with all the application requirements.
- Lack of a valid passport or travel documents.
- Invalid reason for wanting to visit the United Kingdom.
UK Visa Application Centre Addresses in Nigeria | Apply for UK Visa
UK Visa Application Centre in Victoria Island, Lagos
First Floor, Churchgate Building, Tower 2,
Churchgate Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
Website: TLScontact Victoria Island, Lagos
UK Visa Application Centre in Ikeja, Lagos
Ground & First Floors, Etiebets Place,
21 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way
Website: TLScontact Lagos
UK Visa Application Centre, Abuja.
Third floor, El-Yakub Building (beside Metro Plaza), Plot 1129
Zakariya Maimalari Street, Central Business District
Website: TLScontact Abuja
British Deputy High Commission, Lagos
11 Walter Carrington Crescent
British High Commission, Abuja
Plot 1137, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District
Note: Someone else cannot collect your documents on your behalf, except if you are a government representative, a parent collecting for your child or children, or you are collecting on behalf of your family if you applied together.
You will not be refunded if you miss your appointment or your visa application is rejected.