How to Register for your WAEC Examination: The West African Examinations Council e-Registration System is a user friendly online registration package for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination. It allows schools in Nigeria and other West African countries to register their candidates online through the Internet.
The WAEC e-Registration service makes registration easier for the schools and also eliminates errors in registration information which are made on paper and only detected while processing the paper forms by WAEC. Such documents as Timetable and Syllabus for the examination could easily be printed or downloaded by the School Authorities.
How to Register for your WAEC Examination
However, some of the activities carried out on the e-Registration platform include:
- Registration of Candidates
- Reviewing/Editing of Candidates Information
- Generation of Examination Numbers
- Downloading of Information
Although you want not have to visit the WAEC portal to do the registration yourself as a student, yet you may want to know how the registration portal looks and the steps your centre take to carry out WAEC online registration. Steps on How to Register for your WAEC Examination. These steps include:
- Launch your favourite web browser.
- Visit http://www.waeconline.org.ng/register/
- In this website, click on the “May/June Examinations” icon.
- Your school will have to sign in as new user.
- The examiner enters the necessary details like centre number, candidates WAEC passport, subject of candidates, name and surname of candidates.
- Click on the “Checkbox” by the affirmation statement to affirm that all the entries including the attached passport photograph are correct.
- You can then download syllabus, timetable and registration template.
- Then the registration process continues.
N/B: For a School Principal/Examination Officer to use the e-Registration Website as a new user, the school must have procured the Online Registration Scratch Card or Pay Voucher from the WAEC Zonal/Branch Office in charge of his/her State. The Examination Officer could then use the PIN (Personal Identification Number) on the Scratch Card or Pay Voucher to sign up as a new user.