The N-Power is a job creation & empowerment programme of the National Social Investment Programme of the Federal Government of Nigeria meant for the young Nigerians between the ages
of 18 and 35.
In 2016 1st Batch Npower, the Federal Government engaged and deployed 200,000 young Nigerians in :
- public primary schools,
- primary healthcare centres and
- in agriculture development project centres in all the Local
Government Areas in Nigeria.
This has been the largest post-tertiary engagement of human resources in Africa. Last year 2017, the N-Power Volunteer Corps enlisted 300,000 more volunteers to bring the number to the promised 500,000 N-Power Volunteers.
Npower 2018 Goals
- To intervene and directly improve the livelihood of a critical mass of young
- To develop a qualitative system for the transfer of employability, entrepreneurial and
- To create an ecosystem of solutions for ailing public services and government diversification policies.
- To develop and enhance Nigeria’s knowledge economy
Npower 2018 Categories
The N-power programe is categorised into two viz:
- The Non-Graduate Category made up of :
• N-Power Knowledge
• N-Power Build
- The Graduate Category- made up of:
• N-Power Volunteer Corps
Important Notice on 2017 Application Npower recruitment
The June 2017 Application was not open to the Non-Graduate Category, which comprises N-Power
Knowledge and N-Power Build. The selection of successful beneficiaries in the Non-Graduate Category from the 2016 Application is underway. The training and engagement of all successful non-graduate beneficiaries will soon commence in batches.
Npower Application Guideline
Applicants are to note that the application process is completely free and there is no application fee. Applicants are requested to read and understand all relevant information prior to applying. Applicants should note the following steps:
- Visit www.npower.gov.ng. Read up about the different N-Power categories so that you understand the category that suits you best.
- Before you go on to apply, ensure you have a printout or accurate details of your Bank
Verification Number or BVN and a recent passport photograph.
- Then click on “Apply for N-Power Volunteer Corps”
- Once you get on the application portal, you will be required to read the terms and conditions of the N-Power Programme and accept that all the information you will provide must be truthful and accurate.
- Fill in your 11-digit BVN; then fill in your surname, first name, and middle name in identical terms to your BVN information; followed by details of your active bank account;
- If your BVN details are inaccurate, you will not be permitted to go past this interface. If the BVN details are accurate, you will be allowed to proceed to the application portal to fill in all the personal information required and your academic qualification. You will receive a unique N-Power identification number;
- Ensure to provide your own telephone number and email so that you can be reached directly;
- You will also need to upload your passport photograph in either JPEG or PNG files in no more than 25 kilo bytes.
- Before you complete your application, you will be assessed on your knowledge of grammar, general knowledge, and for N-Power VAIDS, basic numerical concepts.