How to Use a third-party unlocking service: The notable alternative to contacting your carrier and asking them to unlock the iPhone is to use a mobile phone unlocking service. There are many retailers in most areas who will arrange an unlock code to unlock your phone for a small fee.
Though they are not always reputable, you can also find online services that will unlock your iPhone, but we would advise against it. In case you decide to use one, please make sure that you read all of the small print before you buy, because they can surprise you with extra bills at the end of the process.
You can try Doctor SIM, which promises to refund you in case the unlock is unsuccessful, so that could be an option if you have tried all of the methods listed above. Doctor SIM successfully unlocked our phone with no problems and no hidden fees, so we feel confident in recommending them.
How much should I pay for iPhone unlocking service?
Normally, you should not pay anything to unlock your iPhone, because your carrier should unlock it for you for free. But some carriers are still setting administration charges of up to £20. Third-party companies seem to charge between £10 and £25, and you would not pay more than that. Shop around if anybody quotes you a higher price than that.
How to tell if the unlock worked | iPhone unlocking service
Immediately your phone is unlocked you will receive a confirmation from the carrier. Then you can now follow these steps:
- Power down the phone: hold down the Sleep/Wake button and swipe your finger across as directed.
- Use the SIM card tool to eject the SIM card holder from the side of the phone.
- Remove the old SIM card from the card holder. Place your new SIM from a different network into the card holder.
- Reinsert the SIM card holder into the iPhone.
- Make a phone call, and check that the iPhone is able to connect over the new network.
How to update an unlocked phone without the SIM card
Assuming you have requested an unlock from your carrier, but have not got the original SIM card, you will need to reset the phone before it will be unlocked. First, ensure you have requested an unlock from the carrier. Then carefully follow the steps below:
- Back up your iPhone through using Backup (Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Back Up Now) else connect the iPhone to a computer and Using iTunes to perform a backup.
- Erase your iPhone. Click on Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Complete the setup assistant and restore from your backup.
After this process, the phone should now be unlocked.
Once you turn the iPhone back on, complete the setup assistant and restore it from the backup you created. Then you can insert the new SIM card and then it should be working.
I hope this is informative, Let us know how you feel.
You may like:
- How to Install and remove Applications on Windows 10
- Data Security technologies | data protection solutions