In this article, I shall be sharing with you how to activate Mobile Anti-theft in your Phone. Mobile anti-theft is an android phone feature that protects your phone against anyone else trying to gain access to your smartphone without the proper credentials.
With this feature, you can do the following when the phone is lost or stolen. With Android anti-theft enabled, your Google account ID and password will be required before anyone can reset your device. This can help you keep your device secure, even if it is in the wrong hands.
You can improve your chances of recovering it, and even erase your device remotely and prevent it from reactivating without your permission. All you need to do is turn on Android anti-theft, and use the Find My Device app with your Google account ID and password.
- Remotely erase your phone,
- Find the location of your phone “Phone tracking”,
- Prevent the bearer from using another SIM on the Phone
- Remotely lock the phone with a different password and many more.
How to activate Mobile Anti-theft in your Phone
This Mobile Anti-theft is an inbuilt feature in every android phone. you only need to turn the service ON from Settings > Security > Mobile Anti-theft.
To Configure mobile anti-theft:
- Set the Anti-theft Pin – Minimum of 6 numbers. This will be required each time to enter the Anti-theft setting and switching SIM will require password verification but if the SIM remains the same, it will not be required.
- Set your emergency contact to remotely control the phone with commands that will be sent to the phone. If the SIM card is changed, the phone will send a notification to the Emergency contact notifying him that “my phone may be stolen, please keep the sender number of this message”
- At this stage, the remote control commands will be displayed to you. you need to copy it or check the box below for it to be backed up and send to the emergency number. When your phone is lost or stolen, your can control it remotely by sending SMS to it via the emergency contact.
Read: How to send money to Nigeria from US using wave for free
- A welcome screen will now be displayed to you after the configuration.
- To remotely lock the phone, send #suoding# to your number through the emergency line
- To remotely wipe data, send #xiaohui#
- To fetch back anti-theft pin, send #mima#
I hope this is informative, for more info, pls leave a comment bellow..