In this article, we shall be sharing with you how to register for P-Yes Recruitment Program. But before then, let’s understand what P-Yes Means
What is P-Yes or PYes or P Yes
P-Yes is an acronym for Presidential youth empowerment scheme. The scheme is structured as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative driven by the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Students Affairs (OSAPYSA). The program is targeted at providing solutions to the challenges of youth unemployment, through the execution of direct empowerment initiatives.
In case you’re curious, P-YES is like the NPOWER. However, while Npower beneficiaries are posted to publicly owned establishments such as schools, hospitals etc, P-YES beneficiaries will be trained and empowered on certain areas of vocations and businesses.
The Goals of P-Yes
Among the numerous goal in which the wheel of P-Yes saddle upon are not limited to:
- Fight and reduce unemployment among Nigerian youth by creating at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities.
- Train and empower youth to have the capacity to empower at least one other youth within his/her immediate community.
- Create wealth among the growing youth population.
- Guarantee sustained income for the target group.
- Fight the scourge of criminality and drug abuse among the youth by empowering them to be productively engaged. etc
Successful trainees will be equipped with Seed Empowerment Tools (SET)s such as rice mills, poultry accessories, branded mobile kiosks, farm implements, mobile restaurants, tents, photography units etc.
How to Apply for P-Yes or Register for P-Yes
To register for this awesome empowerment scheme of this Buhari’s administration, you are to keenly follow the under listed step.
- Logon to www.p-yes.gov.ng
- At the top right corner of the website, click on Application
- Click on Start Your Application
- Read the requirements are qualification of eligible candidates and click on apply now at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the form and submit
Please note that you are required to download and fill guarantor’s form.
Requirements for P-Yes Recruitment
To qualify for P-Yes, Applicants must:
- Be a Nigerian
- Age between 18 and 40 years
- Must have a valid means of identification, at least one: (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card- PVC).
- Must provide SLB i.e Second Level Beneficiary.
Second level Beneficiary is someone you intend to employ as a means of actualizing the goal of the program.
- Must posses the ability to communicae fluently in English – Basic language and any other Nigerian Language
- Applicant must provide a guarantor preferably a community or religious leader.
- Ability to secure the endorsement of a local government official.
- Beneficiary should posses the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor pairs within their communities.
- Applicants Must Complete a guarantor’s form. Get Form here
Some other few questions about P-Yes on How to Apply for P-Yes
- How Much is P-Yes Salary:
P-Yes is not a salary based scheme like Npower, Beneficiaries will undergo training and practical skills acquisition programmes in multiple vocations. Thereafter, they will be given Seed Empowerment Tools (SET), which they are expected to grow and further empower other members of their community.
- How Long is the program going to last:
The Beneficiaries are expected after the training to produce a Beneficiary on or before 12 months. The training will last for 3 Months.
- How many Beneficiaries are to be Employed under P-Yes:
The federal government is set to empower 774,000 youths on the scheme
- Which Organisation is responsible for P-yes Program:
The scheme is to be administered under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, and coordinated by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Students Affairs.
- Is P-Yes for Graduates?
The program is not for graduates alone, any one who can speak basic English or any of the Nigerian Languages are qualified to apply.