In this article, we shall be sharing with you how to Collect NYSC Exemption Letter. The NYSC Exemption letter is in line with with the National Youth Service Corps Decree of 1993 section 2 subsection (1) that stated as follow: “With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification” he meets the following requirements:
- Must be over thirty (30) years of age
- He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months
- He has been conferred with any National Honour; or
- If he is a member of staff of any of the following:
- The Defence Intelligence Service
- The State Security Service,
- The Nigerian Security Organization,
- The National Intelligence Agency
The prospective corpers that meet the above mentioned requirements shall be exempted and be issued with Exemption letter.
How To Collect NYSC Exemption Letter
The process for collecting exemption letter starts from the producing School/Institution i.e the school attended
- The School submits the comprehensive list of their graduates together with the Senate approved result to NYSC.
- NYSC in turn processes a print-out for those that will be called out for youth service or for exemption and be sent out to the school for correction.
- With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
- Go to https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc3/ and register like the regular students
N/B: Collection of certificate is only in the school of study and not in NYSC office.
N/B: Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation
How To Collect NYSC Exemption Letter For FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUATES
- Evaluation of documents and other credentials i.e. International passport.
- After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
- Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.
- Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.
N/B You can only collect your Certificate of Exemption with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT.