Few Easy Ways to Speed Up a Slow Mac: We all know that Macs can perform slowly, too. So, in case your Mac seems to be running slower than necessary, the few outlined tips here should help you identify and fix the challenge. Just like Windows PC, there are many reasons why a Mac might be running slower.
- Find Resource-Hungry Processes to Speed Up a Slow Mac
Use the Activity Monitor which represents the Task Manager on Windows to view your running processes and find the ones that are consuming too many resources.
- Press Command+Space to open Spotlight search.
- Type Activity Monitor.
- Click the “% CPU” heading to sort by Central Processing Unit usage and see the running applications and processes using the most CPU.
At times, there is always a single stubborn application using 99 percent of the CPU that you may want to end.
Force-Quit a Process.
- Clicking on the Process.
- Click the X button on the toolbar.
Be sure you are not quitting a process that is doing something important. You can always try to close a resource hungry application in the normal way first.
If this did not work, click the “View” menu and select “All Processes” to see all the processes running on your Mac. You can also click over to the Memory section; a process using a large amount of memory could cause your Mac to slow down. Try the “Disk” section too; a process using the disk heavily could as well be causing your Mac to slow down.
See also: How to DETECT A HIDDEN CAMERA IN A ROOM.
Close Applications to Speed Up a Slow Mac
All Mac OS X likes to leave applications running in the dock. Even clicking the red “X” button on an application window will not close the application, it will continue running in the background. Most times, this is not a big challenge. However, if your Mac appears to be running slowly, you may want to close some of these applications for good.
- Look for the applications marked with a dot (.) on your dock.
- Right-click or Ctrl-click their
- Select Quit.
Clean Up Launch Agents to Speed Up a Slow Mac
One of the beautiful features of the CleanMyMac 3 is that it can clean up Launch Agents, which are tiny helper applications that run secretly in the background and start other software automatically without your knowledge.
- Download and run CleanMyMac 3.
- Go to Extensions.
- Click on Launch agents to clean up the junk.
See what people are searching for
- Why is my Mac going so slow?
- What is slowing down my Mac?
- How do you do a disk cleanup on a Mac?
- How do you clear your cache on a Mac?
- how do i clean up my mac
- mac running slow 2017
- how to clean up mac hard drive
- mac running slow 2018
- macbook pro running very slow and freezing
- detox my mac
- why is my mac so slow all of a sudden 2017
- clean my mac